CHICAGO–The Illinoisans for Growth and Opportunity released a commercial highlighting State Representative Ken Dunkin’s (D-5) fight for children in the Chicago area.
Rep. Dunkin, first elected to the chamber in 2002, made headlines last Fall for publicly stating “I do not work for Mike Madigan,” when the long time leader of the Democratic state legislators called him to task.
As State Representative, Ken Dunkin (D-5) restored childcare funding for $100,000 children and is fighting for tougher gun laws to protect children, says the brief commercial. (see below)
Illinoisans for Growth and Opportunity (IllinoisGO) is as a 501 (c)(4) organization that conducts education, issue advocacy and public policy analysis to identify and promote effective solutions to some of the most challenging issues confronting Illinois residents and taxpayers.
Author Toure Muhammad is the head bean, publisher and chief strategist of Bean Soup Times. The Morehouse graduate has written front page cover stories for The Final Call and N’digo. He has been featured in the Chicago Reader, Upscale magazine, rolling out newspaper, and N’Digo magapaper. He’s been featured on Tavis Smiley’s radio show on NPR, on Chicago’s WBEZ (Chicago public radio), and many other radio shows.
July 25, 2016 By BST Staff
- May 26, 2016 NAACP to Monitor Discrimination Complaints During Black Bike Week
- May 25, 2016 Study: More Black Officers Results in Less Blacks Killed by Police
- May 25, 2016 National Urban League Report Highlights Black Community Setbacks
- May 23, 2016 Obama Administration to Resume Mass Deportations
- May 14, 2016 The Donald is Steam Rolling