Chicago native Dr. Obari Cartman combines his personal experience with both African-centered consciousness and western psychology knowledge to help men become a true lady’s man with his soon to be released book and mixtape that is a critical thinking guide for young Black men about relationships and manhood.
Dr. Cartman earned his undergraduate degree from Hampton University and a PH.D in clinical & community psychology from Georgia State University. Currently Dr. Cartman works as a restorative justice coach for Chicago Public Schools.
Below, Toure Muhammad speaks with Dr. Cartman about this book and his continued personal journey to improve himself.
[soundcloud url=”https://api.soundcloud.com/tracks/195011513″ params=”auto_play=false&hide_related=false&show_comments=true&show_user=true&show_reposts=false&visual=true” width=”100%” height=”450″ iframe=”true” /]
Author Toure Muhammad is the head bean, publisher and chief strategist of Bean Soup Times. The Morehouse graduate has written front page cover stories for The Final Call and N’digo. He has been featured in the Chicago Reader, Upscale magazine, rolling out newspaper, and N’Digo magapaper. He’s been featured on Tavis Smiley’s radio show on NPR, on Chicago’s WBEZ (Chicago public radio), and many other radio shows.
- October 9, 2017 Kim Fields Discusses Life, Success, and “A Question of Faith”
- October 5, 2017 Master Lash Artist Gets Emotional During Lash and Low Cut Interview
- October 1, 2017 Klanbuster’s Watchdog Group Stands Up Against White Supremacists
October 18, 2017 By BST Staff
October 17, 2017 By BST Staff
June 19, 2015 By BST Staff
- July 17, 2017 Targeting of Black Youth by Shelby County Juvenile Court Continues Shameful Racist Legacy
- June 27, 2017 Congressional Black Caucus Pressures Uber on Diversity
- January 7, 2017 Key & Peele – Obama and Luther’s Farewell Address – Uncensored
- November 16, 2016 BLACK AMERICA!!!!! Wake Up And Stop Whining
- November 14, 2016 Are Low Income Residents Being Hoodwinked…Again?